Name ____________________________ # _____ Section ___________
Projectile Motion Worksheet
Viy = +50 m/s Vix = 16 m/s
1. Show the position of the ball on the drawing above at times 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 seconds.
2. Use the picture above to fill out the chart below.
3. A person kicks a soccer ball at an angle and sends it in the air.
b) A soccer ball is kicked at a speed of 8
m/s. Circle the angle below that will give the ball the largest (dy)?
13 degrees 7 degrees 40 degrees 85 degrees 2 degrees.?
4.What angle can you kick a football that
will the make the initial vertical component of the velocity equal to the
5. Name an angle that you could kick a
football that would give it a very large initial vertical component
but a small
6. How would the vertical component of a velocity change if the angle of projection was changed from 80 degrees to 60 degrees? _____
7. A soccer ball was kicked on a horizontal field. The initial vertical component of the soccer ball was +15 m/s and the initial horizontal component was + 8 m/s.