Kinematics - Equation Problems - Four Step Method
Additional Equation - Average Speed = (V1 + V2)/2 = Δd/Δt
1. A car initially traveling at a speed of 16
meters per second accelerates uniformly to a speed of 20. meters per second over
a distance of 36 meters.
What is the magnitude of the car’s acceleration?
2. The speed of a car is increased uniformly from 20.
meters per second to 30. meters per second in 4.0 seconds. The magnitude of the
car’s average acceleration in this 4.0-second interval is
3. A skater
increases her speed uniformly from 2.0 meters per second to 7.0 meters per
second over a distance of 12 meters. The magnitude of her acceleration as she
travels this 12 meters is
Substitution with units
Answer with units
6. A golf ball is hit with an initial
velocity of 15 meters per second at an angle of 35 degrees above the horizontal.
What is the vertical component of the golf ball’s initial velocity?
7. A car travels 90. meters due north in
15 seconds. Then the car turns around and travels 40. meters due south in 5.0
seconds. What is the magnitude of the average velocity of the car during this
8. An object with an initial speed of 4.0 meters per second accelerates
uniformly at 2.0 m/s2 in the direction of its motion for a
distance of 5.0 meters. What is the final speed of the object?
9. After a model rocket reached its maximum height, it then took 5.0 seconds to return to the launch site. What is the approximate maximum height reached by the rocket?[Neglect air resistance.]
Equation Substitution with units Answer with units
10. A basketball player jumped straight up to grab a rebound. If she was in the air for 0.80 second, how high did she jump? Equation Substitution with units Answer with units