Force Vectors, Resultants and Components Quiz Tips
Range of Possible resultants ex) 3 N and 10 N
2. Could these forces be in equilibrium? 7 N, 10 N, 2 N Explain.
forces of 4 N East and 2 N North act on an object concurrently. Draw the forces
Head to Tail AND then draw it Tail to Tail.
a) Draw the resultant and equilibrant for each picture. b) Find the magnitude and direction for the resultant and equilibrant. [ Monster Shoot Out Game ]
4. Draw the force 15 N 25 degrees S of W.
5. Resultant = 5 N 20 degrees S of W Equilibrant = _________________
6. Draw 50 N 25 degrees S of W Scale 1 cm = 10 N
7. a) Draw the horizontal and vertical components for the force above.
b) Use trig to find the magnitude of the horizontal and vertical components.
8. How would you change the angle of a force to increase the horizontal component? (increase or decrease the angle?)
a) How would you change the angle of a force to increase the vertical component? [ Components Part II Animation ]