1. What kind of oil drop pattern would a car
make if it were moving from left to right with the following motions?
. . . . . . .
2. A car moves 5 m N and 10 m East.
What is the displacement of the car?
3. Part I) Draw a displacement vs. time plot for each of the following motions:
a) Constant + velocity b) rest c) constant + speed d) constant non-zero acceleration
Part II) Now show how these motions would look if they were plotted on a V vs t plot.
a) Constant velocity
b) rest c)
constant speed d) constant non-zero acceleration
4. Plot this data on the grid on the right.
Find the distance traveled from t = 0 to t = 3 sec Use equation from reference table
5. A car moving at a speed of 8.0 m/s enters a highway and accelerates at 3.0 m/s2. How fast will the car be moving after it has accelerated for 56 m? Use equation from reference table
Show All Work
6. There are 2 ways to have zero acceleration. Name them.
7. Know the definition of vector and scalar. Know several example of each.
scalar - __________________________vector -__________________________
8. Sketch a plot of increasing, decreasing and constant slope.
9. How do you find the acceleration of an object from a V vs. t plot?
10. If an object is moving south and slowing down, what is the direction of the acceleration?
11. A baseball pitcher throws a fastball at 21 meters per second. If the batter is 18 meters from the pitcher, approximately how much time does it take for the ball to reach the batter? Use equation from reference table. Show ALL work!!! Equation Substitution w/ units Answer w/ units
12. Acceleration is the time-rate change in ________________________
13. Name 3 ways an object can have a non-zero acceleration.
14. The distance that separates the bottom of a door and a door knob is ______ meter(s)